J. Michael Wheiler
J. Michael Wheiler
J. Michael Wheiler is a native of Idaho and has more than 27 years of experience representing clients in Southeastern Idaho. His vast trial experience includes general litigation, insurance defense, employment law, healthcare law, personal injury and whistle blower law. Mike’s practice focuses on medical malpractice defense, commercial litigation and whistle blower law. As an Idaho Falls attorney J. Michael Wheiler is regarded as one of the top defense attorneys in southern Idaho. He now uses his previous experience representing insurance companies in automobile accident cases to represent plaintiffs in personal injury claims.
Utah State University B.A. 1981
University of Idaho College of Law J.D. 1985
Member Idaho Law Review
United States District Court of Idaho
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States Supreme Court
Past Idaho State Representative for DRI
Member of DRI and Past President of the Seventh District Bar Association
- Obtained numerous dismissals of medical negligence claims against physicians.
- Obtained six-figure arbitration award in underinsured motorist claim.
- Obtained dismissal of a client in a complex, multimillion dollar commercial case involving claims of breach of contract, trade secret, confidentiality and tortious interference.
- Successfully argued before Idaho Supreme Court to uphold judgments favoring clients.
- Obtained $80,000 jury verdict in favor of client injured in motor vehicle accident.
- Settled automobile personal injury claims for many clients.
These materials were prepared for general informational purposes only and are not legal advice. This information is not intended to be a solicitation for professional employment. Please do not send us confidential information until you have spoken with one of our attorneys and obtain authorization to send information to us after we have checked for potential conflicts. The information contained on this web site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. That can only occur by one of our attorneys accepting the responsibility of representing you.