Curt R. Thomsen
Curt R. Thomsen is a trial lawyer in Idaho Falls with over 35 years of experience representing and advising multi-national, national, and local corporations in all aspects of commercial litigation including contract disputes, product liability claims, construction disputes and employment issues. He is widely known throughout Idaho as one of the top attorneys in all areas of civil litigation. Curt’s practice focuses primarily on complex commercial disputes, general civil litigation and medical malpractice defense.
Having served as counsel for local and national insurance companies for more than two decades, he has extensive experience dealing with all aspects of personal injury litigation, bad faith claims, and business torts. He now uses that experience to represent plaintiffs in personal injury claims, wrongful death claims and negligence claims against insurance companies. Curt spent his entire career in Southeast Idaho, and has represented numerous potato growers and processors in high stakes litigation and has extensive knowledge and experience in issues facing the agricultural industry.
Curt has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving:
- real property and boundary disputes;
- probate contests;
- insurance bad faith claims;
- wrongful death;
- personal injury;
- employment disputes;
- uninsured/underinsured motorist claims;
- crop damage claims; and
- herbicide damage claims
Arizona State University B.A. 1974, Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
University of Idaho College of Law J.D. 1977
Member Idaho Law Review
United States District Court of Idaho
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Obtained six-figure settlement for client who was denied disability benefits by insurance company.
- Successfully defended seed potato corporation in multi-million dollar lawsuit.
- Recovered damages and attorney’s fees exceeding $300,000 on behalf of multi-national corporation in contractual claim against former employee.
- Successfully defended automobile manufacturer in product liability claim.
- Successfully obtained a dismissal of a claim against a physician in a medical malpractice case involving a local hospital and other health care providers which resulted in a jury verdict against the other defendants in excess of 6 million dollars.
- Recovered damages exceeding $200,000 in a claim for damage to a hydropower plant.
- Successfully defended cases against local physicians accused of medical malpractice.
These materials were prepared for general informational purposes only and are not legal advice. This information is not intended to be a solicitation for professional employment. Please do not send us confidential information until you have spoken with one of our attorneys and obtain authorization to send information to us after we have checked for potential conflicts. The information contained on this web site is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. That can only occur by one of our attorneys accepting the responsibility of representing you.